On the 10th June 2015 we held a comedy night to raise the last few dollars required to complete the purchase and installation of the equipment needed in the maternity wing at the Nonghet Hospital, which is providing hope, health and a brighter future for so many families in Laos.
We are delighted to report it was a very successful night! We raised a fantastic $8,927.06 on the night and further donations brought the total to a staggering $13,347.06. A hugely fun and successful evening!
As always, our events are only a hit thanks to the support of our sponsors, volunteers and supporters. A special thank you to the following:
- CBA, ChildFund & RDP who donated raffle prizes for the night
- Our volunteers from Cohort & ChildFund who did an excellent job in serving the pizzas and selling the raffle tickets!
- Cat Topp, our photographer, whose great shots can be seen below
- Jack Phillips and the team at the Comedy Store for their great organisation which made the evening run so smoothly
- Liz Arrold, who organised the amazing line-up of comedians
- Finally, many thanks to everyone who turned up on the night for such a fun evening supporting a very worthwhile cause
You can have a look at the photos of the day on our Facebook page; please like & share!