On Wednesday 28th March 2018, we held our Comedy Night for Emerge Australia.
Located in Melbourne, Emerge Australia’s is a small charity with the objective of supporting sufferers of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, also known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS). Emerge’s efforts encompass peer support groups, Health Promotion activities, awareness and fundraising activities, advocacy, seminars and a dedicated Member information service.
We are still finalizing the numbers, and receiving donations, but we are delighted to announce that your participation has helped us raise over $20,000 to help Emerge’s objective to staff the support line 5 days a week!
In summary, we:
- sold 147 tickets
- served and scoffed 70 pizzas
- raised $1,510 in our raffle
- raised $5,980 in our silent auction
- raised $3,900 in our live auction
- have raised $600 in on our online raffle so far…
- laughed a lot!!
Everyone who attended helped make the Comedy Night a great success, but there are a number of people who deserve a special mention:
- David Hasib, from Patron Financial Advice, our Gold Sponsor
- Michael Lord, from Pinnacle Taxation Services, our Silver Sponsor
- Our first ever sub-committee of Colin Cantlie, Michael Mocatta, James Harwright and Marc Blair, who bought and sold numerous tickets and provided several auction items
- Karen Mocatta, Karen Denis and Elizabeth Hunt, from Hunt Leather for providing our live auction items
- Caitlin Phillips-Peddlesden, from Emerge, for her wonderful support
Our numerous auction item donors: Blackmores, Kerrin D’Arcy, Our Place on Darling, Gail Lee, Teresa Blair, Gary Higgin, Shirley Bond Pet Portraits, Palace Cinemas, The Sydney Theatre Company, Sarah Szymczak, YM Salon, Jurlique, The Barmuda Café, Alfalfa House and Robert Oatley Vineyard.
We send big hugs and thanks to everyone who attended, purchased raffle tickets and made bids on the auction items. We must make special mention to our Ambassadors: Charlotte Sherston, Ross Ingleton, Antony Millet who yet again made a huge difference by purchasing lots of tickets.
We must also thank our volunteers, Maddie, Sini, Rob and Ali, who did an excellent job in serving the pizzas and selling the raffle tickets!
Please join our mailing list to ensure you hear the latest news about our future events.